Our Goal: Continued rehabilitation and wellness following neurologic injury
Fundraising Tournament begins February 24th! Donate now! $10,000 is on the line!
NeuroHope is located on the 3rd floor of the Southeast Community Services building, in the Fountain Square neighborhood of Indianapolis.
901 Shelby St. Indianapolis, IN 46203
– NeuroHope is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization that strives to make long-term access to cutting-edge rehabilitation in Indiana a reality.
– We provide individualized physical therapy and wellness programs, specialized for people living with and recovering from spinal cord injury, brain injury, and stroke.
– Our fundraising campaign aims to bring cutting-edge services that are currently unavailable anywhere in the state, to Indianapolis including: PowerStep gait training, functional electrical stimulation, and aquatherapy.
– Recovery from neurologic injury is incredibly slow. Even the most incomplete SCI may take months or years of rehabilitation.
– Insurance does not provide a continuum of care. The injured are often discharged from rehabilitation hospitals weeks after injury, during the critical time they need therapy the most.
– Outpatient visits are few and far between. Recovery requires regular, repetitive access to therapy in order to promote neuroplasticity (the nervous system’s attempt to re-wire after injury). The limited number of outpatient therapy visits provided by insurance are insufficient.
– Disabled individuals living with paralysis in Indiana are deprived of the resources they need for health and well-being (to improve circulation, muscle and bone density, pressure sores, and more).
– Our vision provides the resources to maximize recovery for the recently injured, and offer specialized wellness programs for those already living with paralysis so they can lead active and health lives.
– Indianapolis is home to health care industry leaders, yet lacks options for extended rehabilitation and wellness.