Last week WFMS-FM featured NeuroHope on their Sunday Morning Friends & Neighbors Show, a weekly program that highlights non-profits and community events throughout the Indianapolis metro area.
Steve Stuart invited NeuroHope’s volunteer Outreach Coordinator, Justin Davis, and myself in studio to explain spinal cord injury, the need for extended rehabilitation and wellness programs in Indiana, and to talk about NeuroHope’s launch.
Justin and I also speak at length about the day of my injury, and my time in rehab.
This is an in-depth, 30 minute interview that sums up our mission and our journey beautifully. Listen to the broadcast through the link below!
- First 7:00 – An account of my accident on August 8, 2010
- 7:00 mark – Spinal cord injury 101, the need for extended care, and the limitations of insurance coverage
- 13:00 mark – My rehabilitation at Neuroworx and my personal recovery process
- 16:00 mark – The launch of NeuroHope
- 21:00 mark – Our Open House on July 27th, and fundraising
- 24:00 – An explanation of our services and how NeuroHope differs from traditional therapy